Turkey…discover the potential!
Live a two day memorable adventure by joining the Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour and see all the mystery of the Byzantine era unrevealing in front of your eyes…
Day 1 -Ephesus
Ephesus antique sites
Explore the ruins of Ephesus taking a walk at the Celsus Library which was built to store 12,000 scrolls and to serve as a mausoleum for Celsus, who is buried in a crypt beneath it! Admire the Temple of Hadrian which is one of the best preserved and beautiful structures dedicated to the emperor Handrian. The Trajan Fountain, the finest monument in Ephesus which was constructed for the Emperor Trajan. Visit the the Great Theater! This magnificent structure which is located on the slope of Panayir Hill, constructed in the Hellenistic Period and was used not only for concerts and plays, but moreover for political and philosophical discussions
Temple of Artemis
One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World! A Greek temple that was dedicated to the goddess of the hunt Artemis. Only the foundation and one column remains of this temple, which once measured 425 feet long, 220 feet wide and 60 feet high!
The House of Virgin Mary
Is a Catholic shrine, believed to be the House of the Virgin Mary,who accompanied by John the Apostle, came to Ephesus at the end of her life. The house was discovered in the 19th century by following the descriptions in the reported visions of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich. In 1967, Pope Paul VI declared the site authentic and each year a traditional service is held for the pilTemple of Artemisgrims. Outside the shrine is a “wishing wall” which the pilgrims have used by tying their personal intentions on paper or fabric!
Pamukkale is a city which in Turkish literally means ”cotton castle”. You will understand why, when you arrive at the valley of Meander! The restorative qualities of the calcium rich waters of the town have a centuries old reputation! The unique travertine small pools above the town were created when warm mineral water cooled and deposited calcium as it cascaded over the cliff edge. This phenomenon creates a unique spectacle!!!
We will also visit Hierapolis which is a World Heritage Site! An ancient city which according to Stephanus of Byzantium was given this name because of the large number of temples it contained! Hierapolis became a healing centre where doctors used its’ thermal springs as a treatment for their patients. Nowadays the ruins of Hierapolis brilliantly remind us how life was centuries ago…
- All the transfers in Istanbul and Izmir as specified
- Round Trip airfare to/from Izmir
- 1 Night Hotel Accommodation in Selcuk or Kusadasi (breakfast is included)
- 2 excursions, guided by licensed guides, at Ephesus and Pamukkale
- After the tour in Ephesus, you will be transfered to your hotel at Selcuk for overnight
- Transfer to Istanbul airport for flight to Izmir. Uppon arrival at Izmir’s airport, our staff will be waiting for you, holding a sign with your name. After that you will get transfered to Selcuk, so as to join the tour to Ephesus
- At the end of the tour, your guide will help your transfer to Izmir airport for the evening flight to Istanbul. Uppon arrival, our staff will be waiting for you to drive you back to your hotel
Please contact us for the price of the tour