If you like wandering around in green mountains, then you should join this daily trip to Bursa from Istanbul!
The city which is also known as “Green Bursa”, offers not only fresh air from the lush vegetation and the vast forests, but also all the advantages of a big city, by being one of the fourth biggest cities in Turkey!
Bursa is also famous for the textiles, peaches, chestnuts, silk and many other kind of industries. Moreover, the rich merchants of Silk Road contributed to its wealthness . Another well-known seesight , is the mountain Uludag which rise behind the city!
Relax few hours at a thermal spa bath or go for shopping to the silk filled bazaars!
It served as the first capital city of the Ottoman Empire, from 1326, when it was conquered from the Byzantines, until 1365 where the capital moved to Edirne, because at that time, the Sultans started to turn their attention to Europe. Most of the historic sights of the city date back to this early period of the Ottomans. The famous Ulu and Green Mosque, reflects the style of Great Seljuk State!
Experience a different day by taking part in this tour to Bursa from Istanbul!
- Pick up/drop off to your hotel (Sultanahmet and Taksim area)
- Professional guidance in English (please ask for other languages)
- Lunch in local restaurant (vegeterian options are available)
- Entrance fees
- Personal expences
- Customary tip to guide and driver
- Everything unless indicated differently
- The route also includes a one hour transportation with ferry, to cross the Sea of Marmara. Bursa is one hour drive from Yalova
- Private tour is also available
- Duration of the Tour : approximately 15-16 hours