Ephesus…an ancient Greek city!
Take a plane and travel back to the past for one day! Ephesus is the best place in the World to get the feeling of how the life was in Roman times…
Stroll among the ruins and create pictures of a bygone era!
Experience the luxury of travelling by plane! Join Ephesus Tour!
Ephesus antique sites
Explore the ruins of Ephesus by taking a walk at the Celsus Library which was built to store 12,000 scrolls and to serve as a mausoleum for Celsus, who is buried in a crypt beneath it! Admire the Temple of Hadrian which is one of the best preserved and beautiful structures dedicated to the emperor Handrian. The Trajan Fountain, the finest monument in Ephesus which was constructed for the Emperor Trajan. Visit the Great Theater! This magnificent structure which is located on the slope of Panayir Hill, constructed in the Hellenistic Period and was used not only for concerts and plays, but moreover for political and philosophical discussions.
Temple of Artemis
One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World! A Greek temple that was dedicated to the goddess of the hunt Artemis. Only the foundation and one column remains of this temple, which once measured 425 feet long, 220 feet wide and 60 feet high!
The House of Virgin Mary
A Catholic shrine, believed to be the House of the Virgin Mary, who accompanied by John the Apostle, came to Ephesus at the end of her life. The house was discovered in the 19th century by following the descriptions in the reported visions of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich. In 1967, Pope Paul VI declared the site authentic and each year a traditional service is held for the pilgrims. Outside the shrine is a “wishing wall” which the pilgrims used by tying their personal intentions on paper or fabric!
- All Transfers in Istanbul & Izmir as specified
- Roundtrip airfare to/from Izmir
- Guided tours by professional English speaking staff
- Transfer to Istanbul airport for the morning flight to Izmir. Upon arrival at Izmir’s airport, our staff will be waiting for you, holding a sign with your name. After that you will get transfered to Selcuk, so as to join the tour to Ephesus
- At the end of the tour, your guide will help your transfer to Izmir airport for the evening flight to Istanbul. Uppon arrival, our staff will be waiting for you to drive you back to your hotel
- Duration of the Tour : approximately 15-16 hours