Visit this wonderful gift of nature…
Pamukkale is a city which in Turkish literally means ”cotton castle”. You will understand why, when you arrive at the valley of Meander! The restorative qualities of the calcium rich waters of the town have a centuries old reputation!
The unique travertine small pools above the town , were created when warm mineral water cooled and deposited calcium as it cascaded over the cliff edge. This phenomenon creates a unique spectacle!!!
Join this Pamukkale Tour and live experiences you will remember forever…
The tour starts with a visit to a thermal source with mineral waters in Karahayit Springs, also known as Kirmizi Su (red water)
Next stop is the ancient city of Hierapolis, a World Heritage site! An ancient city which according to Stephanus of Byzantium was given this name because of the large number of temples it contained! Hierapolis became a healing centre where doctors used its’ thermal springs as a treatment for their patients. Nowadays the ruins of Hierapolis brilliantly remind us how life was centuries ago…
Your guide will lead you from the nothern to southern necropolis. On the way you will be able to admire and learn the history about this sacred city, exploring the Basilica theatre, the temple of Apollo, the Roman baths, St Phillip Martyrium and many other parts of the city.
The highlight of this tour is the excursion among the archeological treasures, by walking bare foot on the terraces of travertine!
- All the transfers in Istanbul and Pamukkale as specified
- Round Trip airfare to/from Pamukkale
- Professional local guide (in English/please ask for other languages)
- Lunch (vegeterian options available)
- Entrance fees
- Everything unless indicated differently
- Personal expenses
- Roman Pool entrance fees
- Customary tip to guide/driver
- The driver will pick you up from your hotel between 4:00-5:00, and transfer you to Istanbul airport to catch the morning flight to Denizli. Uppon arrival at Pamukkale’s airport, our staff will be waiting for you, holding a sign with your name. After that you will get transfered to Pamukkale. The transfer takes almost one hour
- At the end of the tour, your guide will help your transfer to Pamukkale’s airport for the evening flight to Istanbul. Uppon arrival, our staff will be waiting for you to drive you back to your hotel
- Duration of the Tour : approximately 15-16 hours